Change "Contributors" to "Wiki"?

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 1 20:16:19 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-01 at 12:16 -0500, Ian Weller wrote:
> Perfect examples of both:
> 1) https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_and_use_Live_USB

I don't think that's a great example:

#1 That page is extremely difficult to find, and I ran into a number of
really confusing issues using it. We point people to this documentation
which I think is a lot easier to follow (albeit, it was wrong during the
F13 cycle, bug filed, probably since fixed):

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/13/html/Installation_Guide/Making_USB_Media.html

> What I personally have found -- and perhaps the actual data does not
> back this up, totally unsure right here -- is that people Google for
> what they want to learn, whether from docs.fp.o or fp.o/w, or they get
> links on that information from friends or #fedora.

I hardly ever get useful hits either from the wiki's search box or using
google to find things on the wiki. In fact I can't even recall a single
time when google has pointed me to the Fedora wiki; it seems to dredge
up mailing lists and docs first.

~m