'100%' is causing problems with translation

shaiton shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 11 06:46:48 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 3:34 AM, daniel cabrera <logan at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-10-11 at 01:24 +0300, Ville-Pekka Vainio wrote:
>> Hi websites people,
>>
>> I've been translating the new website and I noticed the phrase '100%' is
>> used in a few places. This seems to cause problems with translation. If
>> I leave it out completely, 'msgfmt -cvo /dev/null file.po' says "number
>> of format specifications in 'msgid' and 'msgstr' does not match". If I
>> use '100%%' in the translation, I get the same error. If I just use
>> '100%', msgfmt says "'msgstr' is not a valid Python format string,
>> unlike 'msgid'. Reason: In the directive number 1, the character 'v' is
>> not a valid conversion specifier.", where the character is whatever
>> happens to be after '100%'.
>>
>> I think '100%' should be replaced with an English word which wouldn't
>> cause these problems.
>>
>> --
>> Ville-Pekka Vainio
>>

> +1 from the Spanish team.
> Regards, Daniel Cabrera (es)
>
> --

Hi guys,

My apologies about that. It has been reported on Friday or Saterday. I
expected to correct it quickly but could not.

I've tried to change the tags using "Markup(" and to change the '%' by
its code number (&#37), but still not working. I should have tried to
escape it using '\'.
Gonna try this evening.

Regards,

--