Change "Contributors" to "Wiki"?

Kevin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Sun Oct 31 13:10:35 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see that fedoraproject.org design is getting a large amount of feedback
> but I saw a few people suggesting $subject and perhaps it has not been
> captured here.  What do you think of that?  Wiki is popular and people
> recognize the word just fine IMO.
>
> Rahu

Hi Rahu,

Thank you for your suggestion, others have also reported that. IMHO,
"Wiki" sounds more like "database" rather than "Wanna contribute, go
here". It is better to directly send people at the main wiki entrance
(How to contribute, Who contributes) than to the "Wiki" (in general).
I know that you don't want to change the link, only its name. But the
name should reflect the link. I am not sure that contributors will use
this one, I personally use my history...

In an other way, we could add a select menu to redirect to all our sub
domains (bfo, spins, community, forums, wiki, hosted, people, ...).
But will it lost new people?

We will think about this again for sure. We still have to correct few
issues first.

Thanks again.

Regards,

--