Change "Contributors" to "Wiki"?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 16:20:45 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 07:10, Kevin Raymond <shaiton at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I see that fedoraproject.org design is getting a large amount of feedback
>> but I saw a few people suggesting $subject and perhaps it has not been
>> captured here.  What do you think of that?  Wiki is popular and people
>> recognize the word just fine IMO.
>>
>> Rahu
>>
>> --
>>

> Hi Rahu,
>
> Thank you for your suggestion, others have also reported that. IMHO,
> "Wiki" sounds more like "database" rather than "Wanna contribute, go
> here". It is better to directly send people at the main wiki entrance
> (How to contribute, Who contributes) than to the "Wiki" (in general).

I don't go to the wiki to contribute. I go to the wiki to find out how
to do things. I think the issue is that how to do that is lost on the
front page. Plus a person who wants to contribute can't just go to the
wiki to do so. They will have to a) make a FAS account, b) sign the
CLA, c) get approved, d) add a group, then they can contribute.

How can we better communicate all that?

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren