Impossible to Read The Captcha to Register as New User in The Page

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Tue Feb 15 05:14:43 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 5:55 AM, Gonzalo San Gil <gonzalo_san_gil at yahoo.es>wrote:

> Greetings
>
> After several tries to "Interpret" the Characters on The CAPTCHA I'm unable
> to Register at
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/user/new
>
> Although I'm a Linux Newbie (but a fervent deffender of The Freedom of Code
> and Expression) I have read something about that Fedora is the unique Linux
> release that won't have any Intellectual Property or Patents Problems to
> develop a Real Free and Open OS... so I am very interested to learn and
> support the Project.
>
> Can You, Please, provide me another easier way to register (or take a look
> on the Capcha Algorhythm)...?
>
> Regards
>
> Gonzalo San Gil, PhD. <//gonzalo_san_gil at yahoo.es>

Gonzalo,

Unfortunately the only way to setup an account is through FAS. There should
be a way to regenerate a new captcha image so you can get a more legible one
next time around.

I do not know all the specifics on how the algorithm is setup but you can
see its implementation in the FAS codebase [1]. I'm sure the FAS
developers/maintainers would welcome any suggestions/feedback on how to
improve the captcha.

Sijis

[1] - http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=fas.git;a=summary