about site styling in re usability

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 5 05:44:43 UTC 2012

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/
1-JS required. Why? Documentation is boring text, more necessary than wanted.
A static Table of Contents is offered as substitute for JS behavior, but has
no clickable links to any actual documentation. Obviously JS can enhance, but
to serve up no useful information without it?

2-Boldly states "welcome", yet creates unwelcome feeling via preponderance of
mousetype[1], as demonstrated by:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=657934
It makes me unhappy and want hit the back button, not welcome, and not
wanting to face the dig for the instruction I need. I'm hardly alone on this
issue.[2]

http://boot.fedoraproject.org/faq
Personality altered from docs via use of gray text of similar size to further
reduce legibility.
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=657935

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAQ
The difference here is the even less legible list of tiny pale blue links
overwhelming the viewport, even smaller text in the main subject area than
the navigation wrap.
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=657936

Is there a compelling reason Fedora can't be a leader in web site
friendliness as well as distro compilation? Am I the only one involved in the
project who thinks following the lead of most of the rest of the web is rude[3]?

[1] http://hermeticpress.blogspot.com/2009/04/mouse-type.html
[2] http://www.useit.com/alertbox/designmistakes.html
[3] http://fm.no-ip.com/Auth/rudeweb.html

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/