FUDCon sites, events, ecc.

Robert Mayr robyduck at fedoraonline.it
Wed Jul 4 22:04:50 UTC 2012

Kévin Raymond <shaiton at fedoraproject.org> ha scritto:

> On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM, Robert Mayr
> <robyduck at fedoraonline.it> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm picking up the thread about the FUDCon maintainer [1], which is blocked
>> by the tickets #102 and #89. This two tickets are related also to the #85,
>> the upcomming Fedora Events, I think.
>> One of the most important events every year is the FUDCon, so it would be
>> important having a stable link to the fudcon.fp.o page in the join-fedora
>> page [2].
>>
>> The FUDCon Paris is not so far away and it would be nice if the dedicated
>> page [3] reports the 2012 events. I think it won't be possible to realize
>> the proposal of Salem, but as a short term target we could link the single
>> FUDCons to the wiki pages of the single event. (i.e. for EMEA [4])
>>
>> I don't know (or didn't find) other discussions about this themes, but it
>> would be nice to work on it, fixing the three tickets mentioned before.
>> Better working on this and tracking a new ticket for the mid/long term
>> target, together with the infra team, than let the FUDcon site getting
>> outdated (2011).
>>
>> I could try to work on a solution, but before starting I'm curious to hear
>> your opinion about it.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Robert
>

> You're right.
> ianweller will work on an app hosted in openshift (for 2013) and there
> is a summer of code to integrate an app to Insight.
> Actually, fudcon.fpo should just explain what is a fudcon and  feature
> the next one on each region.
> I have someone working for FUDCon Paris, but it should not have taken
> 3 weeks? We should probably do it ourself, I am open for your
> suggestions :)
>

> --
> Kévin Raymond
> (shaiton)
> GPG-Key: A5BCB3A2

Ok, I will think about it.
Btw, am I wrong or the only FUDCon remaining in 2012 is Paris? The
others (Blacksburg, Kuala Lumpur and Margarita) have just taken place
I see.
If yes, I suggest to work only on the static fudcon.fp.o page for a
better visibility, inserting the contents of the wiki page and, why
not, link some reports and Photos of the other FUDCons.
For Paris would be useful having the agenda as soon as possible.

Robert