FUDCon sites, events, ecc.

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 4 21:28:34 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM, Robert Mayr <robyduck at fedoraonline.it> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm picking up the thread about the FUDCon maintainer [1], which is blocked
> by the tickets #102 and #89. This two tickets are related also to the #85,
> the upcomming Fedora Events, I think.
> One of the most important events every year is the FUDCon, so it would be
> important having a stable link to the fudcon.fp.o page in the join-fedora
> page [2].
>
> The FUDCon Paris is not so far away and it would be nice if the dedicated
> page [3] reports the 2012 events. I think it won't be possible to realize
> the proposal of Salem, but as a short term target we could link the single
> FUDCons to the wiki pages of the single event. (i.e. for EMEA [4])
>
> I don't know (or didn't find) other discussions about this themes, but it
> would be nice to work on it, fixing the three tickets mentioned before.
> Better working on this and tracking a new ticket for the mid/long term
> target, together with the infra team, than let the FUDcon site getting
> outdated (2011).
>
> I could try to work on a solution, but before starting I'm curious to hear
> your opinion about it.
>
> Cheers
> Robert

You're right.
ianweller will work on an app hosted in openshift (for 2013) and there
is a summer of code to integrate an app to Insight.
Actually, fudcon.fpo should just explain what is a fudcon and  feature
the next one on each region.
I have someone working for FUDCon Paris, but it should not have taken
3 weeks… We should probably do it ourself, I am open for your
suggestions :)

--
Kévin Raymond
(shaiton)