Introduction of myself

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 27 08:05:50 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 12:54 AM, Robert Mayr <robyduck at fedoraonline.it> wrote:
> Hi to everyone,
> my name is Robert Mayr, alias robyduck [1], and I'm a Fedora user since the
> Core 1b release. Before that I used Redhat 7.3, but only sporadically.
> In January 2005 I founded the Italian Fedora community Fedora Online [2],
> and just a few months ago we restyled the hole site. We also pubblished a
> webzine written in LateX and in 2008 we wrote a small manual for Fedora
> newbies, based on Fedora 9.
> I'm speaking fluently German and Italian and also know English, so I could
> contribute also on the open project of translation, which is ongoing. My
> other skills are html, php, mysql, css3.
> I'm living near Milan since 2010, before I spent most time of my life in
> Bolzano (South Tyrol). I have 2 daughters and the third child (a son this
> time!) is coming within the next 3 weeks.
> It would be nice to contribute to the website team by maintaining the major
> site, but also the various interesting sub-projects.
> Cheers
>
> Robert Mayr
> (robyduck)

Hi Robert,

Nice to see you here.

I would be pleased to help you joining our group (same for other incomers, uh)!
Since you know php, I think you'll soon get python skills. Indeed our
websites are built using HTML/CSS and the Genshi python framework for
internationalization.
The websites design was done using 960 grid system[1], so you'll see
many divs in our sources.

To get started, you need:
- to clone our repo. See [2];
- join the web FAS group (this won't give you commit access but you'll
get commit messages). The gitfedora-web group is the one giving git
push access, and it depends of the web one. We will see later to give
you this access when you will get more comprehension about our
architecture. I would prefer to speak through irc (freenode,
#fedora-websites) by that time.
- Start working on tickets, see easyfix[3] or our Trac[4], and send
your patches here.

Please ask if you have any queries, here or on the websites irc channel.

@Sijis, I don't think we currently have a better start page than[2], I
will add the infra part, for people to know how the build/staging
process works. (If I don't forget…)

[1] http://960.gs/
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_fix_bugs_on_the_Fedora_Project_website
[3] http://fedoraproject.org/easyfix/#fedora-websites