Introduction of myself

Robert Mayr robyduck at fedoraonline.it
Wed Jun 27 08:41:28 UTC 2012

Kévin Raymond <shaiton at fedoraproject.org> ha scritto:

> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 12:54 AM, Robert Mayr
> <robyduck at fedoraonline.it> wrote:
>> Hi to everyone,
>> my name is Robert Mayr, alias robyduck [1], and I'm a Fedora user since the
>> Core 1b release. Before that I used Redhat 7.3, but only sporadically.
>> In January 2005 I founded the Italian Fedora community Fedora Online [2],
>> and just a few months ago we restyled the hole site. We also pubblished a
>> webzine written in LateX and in 2008 we wrote a small manual for Fedora
>> newbies, based on Fedora 9.
>> I'm speaking fluently German and Italian and also know English, so I could
>> contribute also on the open project of translation, which is ongoing. My
>> other skills are html, php, mysql, css3.
>> I'm living near Milan since 2010, before I spent most time of my life in
>> Bolzano (South Tyrol). I have 2 daughters and the third child (a son this
>> time!) is coming within the next 3 weeks.
>> It would be nice to contribute to the website team by maintaining the major
>> site, but also the various interesting sub-projects.
>> Cheers
>>
>> Robert Mayr
>> (robyduck)
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> Nice to see you here.
>
> I would be pleased to help you joining our group (same for other
> incomers, uh)!
> Since you know php, I think you'll soon get python skills. Indeed our
> websites are built using HTML/CSS and the Genshi python framework for
> internationalization.
> The websites design was done using 960 grid system[1], so you'll see
> many divs in our sources.
>
> To get started, you need:
> - to clone our repo. See [2];
> - join the web FAS group (this won't give you commit access but you'll
> get commit messages). The gitfedora-web group is the one giving git
> push access, and it depends of the web one. We will see later to give
> you this access when you will get more comprehension about our
> architecture. I would prefer to speak through irc (freenode,
> #fedora-websites) by that time.
> - Start working on tickets, see easyfix[3] or our Trac[4], and send
> your patches here.
>
> Please ask if you have any queries, here or on the websites irc channel.
>
> @Sijis, I don't think we currently have a better start page than[2], I
> will add the infra part, for people to know how the build/staging
> process works. (If I don't forget?)
>
> [1] http://960.gs/
> [2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_fix_bugs_on_the_Fedora_Project_website
> [3] http://fedoraproject.org/easyfix/#fedora-websites
> [4] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-websites/report/1
>
> See ya,
>
> --
> Kévin Raymond
> (shaiton)
> GPG-Key: A5BCB3A2

Thank you Kévin for your reply,
I know the 960 grid layout and I'm practical with a lot of "div's" :)
I'll clone the repo this evening and will see the open tickets on "websites".
The gitfedora-web group is clear for me, but what do you mean with
"joining the FAS group"? I will ask for sponsorship to join the web
group, won't I?
Bye