Blog posts not showing on the planet

Elad Alfassa elad at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 28 00:14:36 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 2:55 AM, Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2013-08-27 at 17:17 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > Its getting the following error:
> >
> > ERROR:planet.runner:Error 406 while updating feed
> > http://ankursinha.in/blog/category/fedora/feed/
>
> Yikes! The feed works. Hrm.
>

> > I have no idea what that means. ;)
>
> I couldn't find anything on the web either :/
>
> A HTTP 406 error is a "Not acceptable" error. I'm not sure if that's
> what the planet error is referring to, though.
>
> http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html
>
> > Anything else change on that host/site?
>
> Not really. A word press upgrade maybe, but that shouldn't break
> anything IMO.
>
> Looks like it's been getting the error earlier too. I see my blog listed
> here also.[1]
>
> I rechecked and the feed URL is correct[2]. I'll try another one and see
> if the error persists. (Maybe planet doesn't like a certain kind of feed
> URL?):
>
> http://www.ankursinha.in/blog/?cat=fedora&feed=rss2
>

> [1] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/3617
> [2] http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Feeds
> --
> Thanks,
> Warm regards,
> Ankur (FranciscoD)
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha
>
> Join Fedora! Come talk to us!
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Join_SIG

It probably means that the Planet sends an Accept, Accept-Langauge or
Accept-Encoding header that your server won't accept. I'd need to see the
request and response headers to know for sure, but I think it might have to
do with gzip compression. perhaps your webserver forces gzip and the planet
doesn't send Accept-Encoding: gzip?

--
-Elad Alfassa.