New download pages, brainstorming

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 30 19:53:04 UTC 2013

On 08/30/2013 03:49 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 03:25:50PM -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> This is why I think making a design that is good for both is kind of
>> impossible. The onion layer approach (for beginners) vs. the single page
>> of links (for experts) are at complete odds with each other - you cannot
>> design the same site both ways at the same time.
>
> But can't we have a common front page which brings us all together as a
> community?

Can you expand on bring us all together as a community? Where do new
users usually interface with old timers and contributors right now? It's
not on the website. Has it ever been on the website? I don't think it
has been. On the forums, on ask.fpo, in IRC, on mailing lists maybe?

What specific activities are you looking to support?

~m