Self-introduction: Eduardo Mayorga

Robert Mayr robyduck at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jan 27 17:22:20 UTC 2013

2013/1/27 Eduardo Mayorga Téllez <mayorgalinux at fedoraproject.org>

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am Eduardo from Nicaragua. My FAS username is mayorgalinux, as well
> as my IRC nick.
>
> I have been transalating some wiki pages, and I also want to improve
> them, directly, in English.
>
> Moreover, I am Ambassadors, Translation and Freemedia teams member. I
> am applying for become part of the Campus Ambassador and Marketing
> teams.
>
> My website skills are:
> * A little bit of HTML 4
> * Some wiki editing experience
>
> Other skills:
> * Translate into Spanish
> * Giving speeches
> * Basic programming (C language learning)
>
> I'd also like to learn about websites administration. So I can be
> useful for the team.
>
> If you can help me to get started, please do it! I am eager to start
> working. I'll try to start doing simple and easy task, and assay to
> grow into the team.
>
> Regards.
>     _
>    °v°
>   /(_)\
>    ^ ^  Eduardo Mayorga Téllez
> Managua.
> http://about.me/mayorgalinux

Hi Eduardo,
the best starting point would be our join page [1], where you should follow
the points step by step.
All of our pages are build with html/css but you should acquire also some
Python skills, because our sites are done with the Genshi framework for
internationalization. You should also take a look at the 960 grid system
[2], because you'll see many 'divs' in our sources.
To get started, you need:
 - to clone our repo.
See [3] and join the web FAS group.
Start working on tickets, see easyfix [4] to begin with less difficult
issues or our Trac [5]. You can send your patches there in every moment.
Please ask if you have any doubts, here or on the websites irc channel on
freenode. (#fedora-websites) :)

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/Join
[2] http://960.gs/
[3]