Introducing major changes in the repo architecture

Robert Mayr robyduck at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 7 14:30:44 UTC 2013

2013/3/6 <shaiton at fedoraproject.org>

> Hi there,
>
> I have been working lately to fix ticket #90 in order to improve the
> maintainability of the websites.
>
> I've just merged the f19-alpha branch in master, as it was running fine in
> stg.
> You might want to pull and clean your local clone of the repository.
> You might want to take a look at the new building tree..
> And you might look for me to update the documentation. Will do soon, I
> promise :)
> Many thanks to robyduck who helped me moving forward :)

You did most (all) of the commits... :)

> The idea was to merge all Makefiles and python scripts. We could do
> better, but at least huge work was done.
>
> Please, take a look at some websites and report if you think I broke
> something (as i did for fedorahosted/gitweb and fudcon.fpo few days
> ago...) Checking never hurts. And caching bother me a lot :)
>
> At the end of the month, f19-alpha will get it's files updated to be ready
> for alpha GA.
> But I am still not sure about #137, should we move toward this direction
> now?
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-websites/ticket/137

I'm +1 for this as it helps us also to merge much easier from one branch to
the next, maintaing only master, alpha and beta branch.
But while I'm writing this I think we just use this kind
of 'branch-building' recently, don't we? It's a long time ago we built the
production pages with a non-master branch; to check the branches of all our
sites quickly we should make our table, which has to be updated constantly,
more visible.

> We still have to manage #144 with nirik.

Yeah, that's really a priority for our greek, turkish and norsk friends :)

--
Robert Mayr
(robyduck)