Feedback on the new website

Andreas Nilsson lists at andreasn.se
Wed Dec 10 20:07:52 UTC 2014

On 2014-12-10 17:41, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> On 12/10/2014 11:32 AM, Oliver Propst wrote:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Workstation
>
>> Some of the pictures on that page are not very nice.
>>
>> *The picture of the person who gives a quote is unsharp and the person
>> looks very stereotypical of how you expect a developer to look like
>> (nothing against that person).
>
> What do you mean by unsharp?

This might be due to using a monitor with a higher resolution than
1024x768. As the photo itself is only 1024px wide, it loses some
sharpness when it scales up together with the page width. It still looks
all right at 1280x768, but at 1920x1080 that I'm using here, the low
resolution of the photo gets very evident.
It would be better to use a version of the photo with higher quality, or
use a round closeup like on the server and cloud pages.

In order to get away with faster loading times on lower resolutions you
can add something like this to the css and load the higher resolution
photo only above 1024:
@media (min-width: 1025px) {
         #workstation .product-testimonial {
         background:
url('../images/workstation/workstation-testimonial-highres.jpg');
         }
}

- Andreas