1st Post : Suggestion for a website.

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Tue May 12 13:50:59 UTC 2015

On Sat, 2015-05-09 at 16:43 +0000, nishant nishchal wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm new to all this. But I have keen interest in contributing to
> Open Source.
>
> I'm very much interested in helping promote Fedora. I've been using
> it for the past 4 years.
>
> I've got a suggestion for you guys. Do let me know what you think.
>
> So, there are websites out there that let the users experience the
> OS interface. For instance,
>
> UBUNTU : http://www.ubuntu.com/tour/en/#
>
> Mac OS X Lion :http://www.alessioatzeni.com/mac-osx-lion-css3/
>
> I was thinking if we could do the same for Fedora. Give the users a
> taste of Gnome 3.4
>
> Please consider this idea.
>
> Looking forward to your replies.

I did think about this, which is how the "fedora-tour" project was
born. There are a couple of issues that we hit and decided to close
down the project:

1. Should we only show off Gnome 3.4? What about other DEs/SIGs?
2. Fedora generally sees large changes over releases - the community
has worked on reducing this delta, but maintaining such a site, along
with the work load of fp.o already, is quite difficult.
3. Who will work on it? I haven't the time any more :(

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-tour/

--
Thanks,
Regards,