gvfs-smb

Jayson Rowe jayson.rowe at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 23:29:59 UTC 2012

Hi all,
Just wondering if it is a bug, or by design that SMB support isn't
installed by default? I didn't notice initially as my machines were
GNOME when I first installed, and then I installed Xfce and pruned out
GNOME apps afterwards...

One of my co-workers is planning to move from Mint to Fedora with
Xfce, and discovered this while testing in a VM. I did a 'yum list
installed | grep smb' on my machine, and see I have gvfs-smb
installed.

I tested installing it in a VM, and sure enough it gave me SMB support
that I didn't have.

Thanks,

--
-jayson