Vim commands for copying to system clipboard but text does, not show up in Clipman

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Sun Aug 23 15:45:23 UTC 2015

Dridi, Raphael,

Sorry about the very slow response - other dramas to deal with
unfortunately . . :

On 2015-08-05 22:49, Dridi Boukelmoune wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It may simply be because vim is not compiled with clipboard support on
> Fedora:
>
> $ vim --version | grep -e Features -e clipboard
> Huge version without GUI.  Features included (+) or not (-):
> -clipboard       +iconv           +path_extra      -toolbar
> +eval            +mouse_dec       +startuptime     -xterm_clipboard

After Raphael's response but before Dridi's response, I did in fact
confirm this - I ended up installing vim-X11 as well as vim-enhanced
which solved the problem.  It seems like it should be an option for
.vimrc to me . .

Thanks,

Phil.