Right mouse button behaviour in desktop menus

Tomáš Smetana tomas at smetana.name
Fri Sep 4 06:59:28 UTC 2015

Hello.

I have no idea where to ask this question... The desktop menu behaviour has
changed recently (by my measures, not sure when exactly) and it drives me
crazy. I'm used to launch an application by pressing the right mouse button
on the desktop then navigating to the desired launcher and releasing the
button, no left mouse click. This used to start the application, but now it
brings me the launcher editor.

Is there some configuration option that would bring the old behaviour back?
It's even inconsistent with the rest of the applications where the "right
mouse drag" in context menu produces equivalent of "right click, move, left
click".

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks and regards,
--