Please do not reply directly to this email. All additional
comments should be made in the comments box of this bug report.
Summary: RFE: Update perl-Compress-Zlib to 1.37
Product: Fedora Core
I'm attaching a patch that applies perfectly to rawhide and FC-4 that updates
perl-Compress-Zlib to the latest version, 1.37. (The latest source is at
The latest amavisd-new is failing to start, complaining about wanting
Compress::Zlib >= 1.35. Presumably this is because of some of the fixes in
1.35. Ideally I'd like to see an update to FC-3 and above so I can build
amavisd-new for all of them once it is accepted into Extras, but an update for
at least FC-4 (where I do most of my testing, and what most of my clients are
running) and rawhide would be greatly appreciated.
The following is the changelog for the last 3 versions of Compress::Zlib:
1.37 - 12 August 2005
* Change to t/03examples.t for VMS from Abe Timmerman
1.36 - 3 August 2005
* Renamed zlib-src-1.2.3 to zlib-src to help VMS
* Fixed Makefile.PL for VMS
* Fixed t/03examples.t for VMS
* Added a couple of notes about incompatibility with Unix compress.
1.35 - 16 July 2005
* Updated zlib source to 1.2.3
* Fixed problem with where two calls to gzclose would hang the debugger.
* Added code from Alexey Tourbin to use XSLoader when available,
and DynaLoader otherwise.
* Documented that the compress & uncompress functions were not
the same as the Unix utilities of the same name.
* Fixed 05gzsetp -- it left a temp file hanging around.
* Integrate core change 24787 - SvUPGRADE returns void in blead
* Integrate core change 24788 - Makefile.PL adjustments for the core
------- Additional Comments From steve(a)silug.org 2005-09-02 17:47 EST -------
Created an attachment (id=118409)
spec file update to 1.37
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.