[Fedora-directory-users] quickstart?

Mike Jackson mj at sci.fi
Thu Jun 2 16:13:23 UTC 2005

Neal Becker wrote:

>I'd like to migrate my user authentication/home dir management to ldap, and
>I'm hoping this project will help.  I just want to migrate my current
>standard fedora setup (shadow passwd).  I don't have time to learn all about
>arcance x.500, schema, etc.  Is there a quickstart available?

Hi,
  You don't need to learn about arcane x.500 and schema to use LDAP for
a user/group store :-)

 As for migrating users and groups, I believe that you can find a perl
script somewhere on http://www.padl.com.

 For managing users, you might want to have a look at one of my
projects: Directory Administrator

    http://diradmin.open-it.org

 Also, I have written Perl command line tools for changing passwords and
creating users, etc. I can make them available on my website during this
weekend when I have more time.

BR,
--
Mike Jackson