[Fedora-directory-users] Admin Console fails to start

Steve Mahaffey steve at stevem.homeip.net
Fri Jun 3 04:55:51 UTC 2005

Nathan Kinder Wrote:

        Actually, FDS uses, and ships with, the IBM JRE on Linux. Other
        platforms, such as Solaris, require the Sun JRE.

        -NGK

After trying Suns 1.4.x and 5 JDK versions, I saw the post above.

I've installed fedora-ds via rpm on FC3 and it's in /opt/fedora-ds.  I set some environment variables:
JAVA_HOME=/opt/fedora-ds/java/
CLASSPATH=/opt/fedora-ds/bin/base/jre/bin:/opt/fedora-ds/java:/opt/fedora-ds/java/jars:
/opt/fedora-ds/bin/base/jre/lib:/opt/fedora-ds/bin/base/jre/lib/ext:/opt/fedora-ds/bin/base/jre/bin/classic

I added /opt/fedora-ds/bin/base/jre/bin/ to my path.

However I get the exact same strings of errors that Mike Jackson posted earlier when executing startconsole.

Any ideas what I've got wrong?

--
Steve Mahaffey