[Fedora-directory-users] fedora-ds and Samba?

Ian.Bishop ibishop at netoptions.com.au
Tue Jun 7 03:10:35 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm interested in setting up Samba to authenticate off fedora-ds. I've
done some reading and it appears as though a Samba specific schema is
required in addition to the default set.

Does anyone have any experience in getting this to work with fedora-ds?
I'm a little surprised that this support isn't included by default (or
am I just not seeing it) as I would have thought this would be a common
requirement for folks out there?

Thanks,
Ian.

IMPORTANT: This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential,
private or legally privileged information and may be protected by copyright. You
may only use it if you are the person(s) it was intended to be sent to and if you
use it in an authorised way. No one is allowed to use, review, alter, transmit,
disclose, distribute, print or copy this e-mail without appropriate authority.

If this e-mail was not intended for you and was sent to you by mistake, please
telephone (07 3842 8888) or e-mail me immediately, destroy any hard copies of
this e-mail and delete it and any copies of it from your computer systems. Any
legal privilege and confidentiality attached to this e-mail is not waived or
destroyed by that mistake.

It is your responsibility to ensure that this e-mail does not contain and is not
affected by computer viruses, defects or interference by third parties or
replication problems (including incompatibility with your computer system).