[Fedora-directory-users] Attribute uniqueness of multiple attributes

Arjan Franzen Arjan at FranzenOnline.com
Fri Jun 9 12:50:53 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm using FDS as a component in a software development project.
up until now I've had no problems but what puzzles me is the status of
attribute uniqueness. FDS is based on Netscape iPlanet and or Sun ONE
directory from what I read.

if I look at the documentation of FDS (iPlanet 7.0 based) I see clearly no
support for multiple unique attributes (page 594 of the admin manual):

If I on the other hand look at the Sun documenation:
http://docs.sun.com/source/816-6400-10/attruniq.html#wp19660
see section: "Configuring the Plug-In From the Command-Line"
I see that there is a way! only I can't get it to work which suggests what
I read in the FDS documentation.

My question: Can FDS now or in the future support multiple unique
attributes? I'm using it to keep integrity intact of some objects stored
both in FDS and in a RDBMS.

regards,

Arjan