[Fedora-directory-users] Fedora DS installation on Ubuntu Dapper Drake

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri Jun 16 13:50:36 UTC 2006

Olivier Brugman wrote:
> Rob Crittenden schreef:
>
>> but I have a question: Is there a reason you used a silent install to
>> set things? Did running it interactively not work? I just want to get
>> the page right.
>
> Running it interactively (on Debian and Ubuntu) and then choosing the '2
> - Typical' install mode) one comes to the point the installer tries to
> locate the Apache modules, then it returns:
>
> Unable to locate Apache modules in
> /modules
> .
> Press any key to continue.
>

> In fact, the Apache modules are here on the system:
>
> root at helix:/opt/fedora-ds/setup# ls -lsa /usr/lib/apache2/
> total 28
>  4 drwxr-xr-x  3 root root     4096 2006-06-15 11:05 .
>  8 drwxr-xr-x 38 root root     8192 2006-06-15 12:02 ..
>  4 drwxr-xr-x  2 root root     4096 2006-06-15 11:05 modules
>
> However if one adds 'ApacheRoot=   /usr/lib/apache2' to the [admin]
> section of an install.inf and one runs a silent install afterwards,
> there seems to be no problem.

Ok, I see. The way the installer works is it runs the copy of Apache you
  provide with the -V option which gives a lot of the compiled-in
options. It uses HTTPD_ROOT to determine the location of the modules
directory. I guess this isn't the same on Ubuntu.

Can you file a bug on this against the Fedora Directory Server at
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/ and paste in the output of HTTPD -V?

Or send me the output and I'll get it filed.

> Regards,
> Olivier
>
> PS Tnx. for the modifications on the Wiki.
> You might want to remove the double lines regarding the termcap-compat,
> libc5 and ldso packages on the WiKi and instead add that on Ubuntu
> Dapper you have to install these packages yourself (sudo dpkg -i
> namepackage.deb).

Sure. I had meant to remove the duplication but forgot. It's gone now.

cheers

rob