[Fedora-directory-users] Custom forms

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed May 24 21:51:28 UTC 2006

Pavel 'Blaze' Vinogradov wrote:
> Hello Richard,
>
> Tuesday, May 23, 2006, 7:10:49 PM, you wrote:
>

>>>     I try to find more information about creating and use custon forms
>>>   for Fedora Directory Console.
>>>
>> In the console or in the phonebook/gateway web app?  With the former, it
>> is difficult without writing some Java code.  With the latter, it is
>> easier to edit the html templates under clients/dsgw/html.  But realize
>> the console and the phonebook/gateway are two completely different apps.
>>
>     We want to migrate out user DB to FDS. And try to find way for use
>   Fedora Directory Console to manage all user data. Now we integrate
>   our proxy, domain, mail and devel subsystems to storage their data
>   in FDS (More info get from FDS wiki, and i have some contribute and
>   corrections - and search way to put it back).

If you have any corrections to the wiki, please file a bug at
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/ for Fedora Directory Server, category wiki.
>     And now we need visaul tool for manage this data. If we can
>   customize and add form which FDS get to us in Admin Console - we
>   build good tool. Now we need to create analogue for "Posix login; NT
>   user" and similar form... to manage mail info, squid info etc..

Right.  There is no simple template system to create new forms.  You
have to write some new Java code for the console to implement support
for new forms.
>     How can we do this?

You can use the Advanced... editor.  It's not very pretty but it works.