[Fedora-directory-users] Questions about the referential integrity plug-in

Kimmo Koivisto koippa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 19:59:14 UTC 2006

Hello

I tried the referential integrity plug-in and it worked as expected with
single master environment and groupofnames and groupofuniquenames groups.
I read the admin guide but there were some things that I did not fully
understand:

1. How about multimaster environment, if I have servers A and B and I enable
plug-in to server A. When change is done to the server B, server A shoud make
deletions ar modifications to the directory.

But what if the server A is down for maintenance and user is deleted from
server B, what happends? Does the server A do anything when it is started
after maintenance?

2. How to enable referential integrity to the memberUid attribute?
I have user cn=user,c=fi that has uid=user and that user is added to group
example so that there is attribute memberUid=user.
When user is deleted, uid should be removed from example group. How to achieve
this?
I tried to add nsslapd-pluginarg7=memberUid to the plugin but it did not work.

I'm testing this with FC4 and FDS 1.0.4.

Best Regards
Kimmo Koivisto