[Fedora-directory-users] Questions about the referential integrity plug-in

Noriko Hosoi nhosoi at redhat.com
Mon Nov 13 21:17:58 UTC 2006

This is what we recommend ...

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/7.1/modify.html

      How Referential Integrity Works

When the Referential Integrity Plug-in (see "Referential Integrity
Postoperation Plug-in," on page 510
<http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/7.1/plgintro.html#1080987>)
is enabled, it performs integrity updates on specified attributes
immediately after a delete or rename operation. By default, the
Referential Integrity Plug-in is disabled.

Note

The Referential Integrity Plug-in should only be enabled on one supplier
replica in a multi-master replication environment to avoid conflict
resolution loops. When enabling the plug-in on servers issuing chaining
requests, be sure to analyze your performance resource and time needs,
as well as your integrity needs. Integrity checks can be time-consuming
and draining on memory/CPU.