[Fedora-directory-users] Setting up 1.0.4-1 x86_64 on RHES5 64-bit

Ken Marsh kmarsh at gdrs.com
Fri Dec 21 16:45:02 UTC 2007

Hello again,

Thanks for the previous help. As advised, I removed the FC5 binary and
went with FC6 on Red Hat Enterprise Server 5 x86_64. I've now caught up
with where I was before. The Directory Server is running OK but I can't
get the admin server to start. The setup/setup script failed with a
message:

Setting up Administration Server Instance...

ERROR: Administration Server configuration failed.

The console starts as advised, but there is no Admin server for it to
connect to.

I can't find specific directions for where I'm at now, I guess because
this stuff is supposed to "just work". Striking out on my own, I've
copied over the templates for start-admin and httpd.conf and edited
them. I am using /usr/sbin/http.worker for my web server. After setting
sroot and httpd, it seems to start up OK until it looks for modules.

Here is the error:

[root at ansb16 fedora-ds]# ./start-admin

httpd.worker: Syntax error on line 128 of
/opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/config/httpd.conf: Cannot load
/opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/%%%module_dir%%%/modules/mod_access.so into
server:
/opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/%%%module_dir%%%/modules/mod_access.so: cannot

I've looked around. I don't see the config file location to set
%%%module_dir%%%, and what is more, the
/opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/modules directory is empty. I did some finds
on the system and cannot find mod_access.so anywhere. So, even if I did
set it, where do I point it to?

Is there a preferred place to download these modules, or do I need them
at all? Or did I skip some part of the setup process?

Thanks and Happy Holidays,

Ken.