[Fedora-directory-users] Stress tool to FDS

Eddie C edlinuxguru at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 21:02:01 UTC 2007

You can use JMETER for load testing as well. I have never tried slam D but I
will tell you what i think its biggest benefit is
http://slamd.com/features.shtml
Another is the LDAPDecoder, which can operate as either a simple LDAP proxy
or analyze tcpdump and snoop capture files to decode LDAP communication in
human-readable form or even automatically generate SLAMD scripts based on
the captured data so that the same communication can be automatically
replayed or customized to simulate real-world directory-enabled applications

Let me tell you if you have every tried to go through ldap logs and pick out
queries and try to design a stress test of your application you quickly
determine you need an intern. Its a slow process.

I like the idea of recording real ldap traffic and then just playing it
back.
Edward