[Fedora-directory-users] Admin Server connecting to two Directory Servers within the same domain

Daryle A. Tilroe daryle at micralyne.com
Mon Jul 9 16:30:11 UTC 2007

Joel Heenan wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-07-07 at 00:14 +1000, Richard Megginson wrote:
>
>>How did you create your directory server instances?  Usually the first
>>one you create is your Configuration Directory Server, the one the
>>console uses as sort of a network registry (the o=NetscapeRoot suffix).
>>Subsequent directory server instance creation should use this one
>>instead of creating a new Config DS.  The setup program should give you
>>these options.

I have a closely related question.  Is there a correct way in a simple
dual multimaster setup to have the two servers both be config servers
for the same DB?  I tried just replicating NetscapeRoot but I ended up
with things messed up.  I have not yet tried again but was curious
if there was a 'correct' method.  Otherwise I was just going to have
the two be independent insofar as the config DB went.  I require
this so either will be completely, and indefinitely, functional when
the other is down.

--
Daryle A. Tilroe