[Fedora-directory-users] Fedora Directory Server on Ubuntu, problem with libsasldb (reward)

Ivan V. ivanelterrible at ivanyvenian.com
Sat Jul 28 01:09:38 UTC 2007

Hi,

Thanks for replying!

sasl2 version: libsasl2-2 (2.1.22)
apache2-mpm-worker: 2.2.3-3.2build1

Apparently that wasn't an issue after all, as I managed to get
everything working.

Ubuntu 7 + Samba PDC w/FDS as backend, DHCP, DNS w/DDNS via DHCP... my
dream server! Now to implement an OpenID provider!

Thanks.

Ivan V.

On 7/27/07, *Richard Megginson* <rmeggins at redhat.com> wrote:

    Ivan V. wrote:
     > Hi,
     >
     > I have an Ubuntu 7.04 server with Fedora Directory Server (the
    one for
     > FC5) installed and running.
     >
     > I want to enable LDAP authentication with PAM, but it seems I have a
     > problem with the libsasldb.so.2 library.
     >
     > When ns-slapd starts it throws this error on auth.log:
     >
     > unable to dlopen /usr/lib/sasl2/libsasldb.so.2: undefined symbol:
     > db_strerror_4002
     >
     > After some digging, it seems it's caused by the incompatibility
     > between my libsasldb and the one required by FDS.
    What version of sasl2 is Ubuntu 7.04 using?  Note that if you build your
    own private version of sasl, you can just put it somewhere under
    /opt/fedora-ds, and edit the start-slapd shell script to set
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to libsasl2.so, and point SASL_PATH at the sasl
    plugins.

    Also, what version of Apache is Ubuntu 7.04 using?

     > And when I try to login, on the same auth.log pam_ldap throws
    this error:

     > ldap_simple_bind: Can't contact LDAP server
     >
     > Which I think is caused by the same problem, because otherwise my
    LDAP

    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Linux_Networking/Q_22724351.html