[Fedora-directory-users] Fedora Directory Server on Ubuntu, problem with libsasldb (reward)

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Jul 27 14:53:54 UTC 2007

Ivan V. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an Ubuntu 7.04 server with Fedora Directory Server (the one for
> FC5) installed and running.
>
> I want to enable LDAP authentication with PAM, but it seems I have a
> problem with the libsasldb.so.2 library.
>
> When ns-slapd starts it throws this error on auth.log:
>
> unable to dlopen /usr/lib/sasl2/libsasldb.so.2: undefined symbol:
> db_strerror_4002
>
> After some digging, it seems it's caused by the incompatibility
> between my libsasldb and the one required by FDS.
What version of sasl2 is Ubuntu 7.04 using?  Note that if you build your
own private version of sasl, you can just put it somewhere under
/opt/fedora-ds, and edit the start-slapd shell script to set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to libsasl2.so, and point SASL_PATH at the sasl
plugins.

Also, what version of Apache is Ubuntu 7.04 using?