[Fedora-directory-users] Re: FDS and Active directory Sync

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Aug 13 21:57:07 UTC 2008

Vipul Ramani wrote:
> Hi Rich,
>
> I did it ..but i am getting the error.  :(
>
> I run from my directory server ....
>
> [root at linux1 ~]# /usr/lib/mozldap/ldapsearch -h 192.168.1.200
> <http://192.168.1.200> -p 636  -Z -P /etc/dirsrv/slapd-linux1 -D
> "cn=administrator,cn=users,dc=tf-lab,dc=exp,dc=com" -w ABC123@ -s base
> -b "" "objectclass=*"
> ldap_simple_bind: Can't contact LDAP server
>         SSL error -5938 (Encountered end of file.)
> [root at linux1 ~]#
For one, it probably won't work to use -h IPaddress - in order to do the
cert validation, it needs the FQDN of the windows host - that FQDN must
be the value of the leftmost cn= in the AD server cert subjectDN.

But this error indicates it's not even getting that far.  Either AD is
not listening on 636, or there is some sort of network/firewall problem.