[Fedora-directory-users] Directory server password security

UMESH PANWAR upanwar at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 26 03:53:43 UTC 2008

Hi,

We are using Fredora Directory server 7.1 for authentication of users, mail accounts and proxy authentication. Yesterday I have observed that passwords goes in plain-text and anyone can retrieve actual user name and  password  easily with using a  software named cain.

Can anybody suggest how can i secure user's password so that the password should travel in encrypted form.

I am new with fedora-ds so please explain me in detail.

 Regards
Umesh

Umesh Panwar

+91-9829857475