[Fedora-directory-users] FDS Sudo Management

Kimmo Koivisto koippa at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 16:28:15 UTC 2008

 Jared B. Griffith wrote:
> Has anyone managed sudoers via FDS here? I have been trying to create LDAP
> entries as mentioned here: http://www.gratisoft.us/sudo/readme_ldap.html
> Which FDS will not allow me to do, even though the schemas for SUDO are in
> the server. Is there a walkthrough, or is there anyone that is managing
> SUDO via FDS here successfully?

I have but it was in 2006, I have not documented it, this is what I remember
from it:

I added 69sudoschema.ldif (see attached files) to the FDS and restarted it.
Then I converted sudoers file with sudoers2ldif (and made some entries by
hand).

For administration I have used phpldapadmin and sudoers.xml template.

I used RHEL4 and had to compile newer sudo (sudo-1.6.8p8-2.4.i686.rpm),
original one did not support LDAP. I took that version from Fedora Core X and
enabled LDAP support from spec file (see .patch file).

Regards,
Kimmo