[Fedora-directory-users] Apple OS X 10.5 question

Jonathan Barber j.barber at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Feb 28 09:13:27 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 04:42:12PM -1000, John Call wrote:
> Aloha list,
>
> My university has been authenticating Mac OS X 10.4 clients to FDS
> 1.04 for about a year now.  Things have been working great, as long as
> we keep an eye on the external SASL mechanisms.  However, now that our
> staff is deploying the new OS X 10.5 things aren't working.  To the
> best of our knowledge we have maintained the same client LDAP
> configuration from 10.4 to 10.5, but the Apple clients refuse to
> authenticate.  Has anybody else experienced this?

Are you doing SSL to the ldap? If so, check the clientside SSL
verification. I'm not big on the different Mac OS X versions, so can't
say when it occured, but for one of the revisions we did see the default
openldap SSL verification change from "never" to "demand" on the clients.

I don't think we found a GUI widget to config this behaviour, but you
can via /etc/openldap/ldap.conf like linux.

> Mahalo (thanks),
> John Call

Jonathan Barber
High Performance Computing Analyst