[Fedora-directory-users] Authentication problems

Per Qvindesland per at norhex.com
Wed Jan 28 09:53:51 UTC 2009

Hi List

After having installed Directory Server with no problems and created a test
user account I then go ahead to configure a client to test the
authentication to my new directory server, sadly after a reboot I can't
login with my new user account that I created, I have spent a few days
reading up about what the problem may be but until now I have had very
little joy.

If I try ldapsearch -v then I get error message:
SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
Ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s:unknown authentication method (-6)
   additional info: SASL(-4): no mechanism available:
If i use ldapsearch -x then I get the output of a ldif file with all groups,
users and domains available so there is apparently nothing rong with the
communication, I truly belive that this is a security problem that sits
somewhere but I have no idea.

Could anyone give me some pointers to how I could fix this problem?

Regards
Per Qvindesland