[389-users] Password synchronization between AD and FDS

Prashanth Sundaram psundaram at wgen.net
Fri Jul 10 16:53:37 UTC 2009

   Hello,

I am in the process of setting up the Fedora DS as our main development LDAP
server. I would like to know all the possible ways to sync the password
between AD  and FDS.

Please forgive me, if I am repeating any questions already posted on this
forum.

Question1: Is FDS and Password sync Enterprise ready? I am afraid the
password Sync can break anytime. Also our Windows admins are very skeptical
to install a plug-in like PassSync.

Question2: How can I make sure the service is running without any problems
on MS server 2003? Any checks or notification system?

Question3: Has any one tried the Windows Services for Unix 3.5, Password
Synchronization between AD and UNIX?

Question4: What other password sync mechanisms can I try, even if it
requires hours of configuring.

Thanks,
Prashanth