[389-users] Unable to connect to Admin or DS from management console

Andrew Kerr andrew.kerr at amdocs.com
Wed Jun 17 14:26:00 UTC 2009

	I recently added a new fedora ds replica (1.2.0) to my master
(1.0.4).  I was able to add the new machine, and replicate to it.  I set
up the replication via the console, and everything was working fine.
Today when I launch the console on the master and connect to the replica
running 1.2.0 I get an error: "Failed to install a local copy of
fedora-admin-1.1.jar or one of its components" "Can not connect to
http://0.0.0.0:9830".

	9830 is the correct port of the remote machine, but 0.0.0.0
isn't the correct ip.  The local admin console is running on a different
port.  I can do a wget on the remote machine http://<remote
machine>:9830 and I am able to connect and get the "download" page that
has the quick console.  So it isn't a network issue.

	The only change I've made is to add another replica, running
1.0.4.  I can connect to that one just fine, and all of the others.  I
just can't get to the one I added a few days ago that is running the
newer version.

	I'd suspect java, or something along those lines, except that it
worked yesterday and nothing (verified by the yum logs) has been
installed or changed on the server.

	My guess is that maybe the 1.0.4 ones work ok because they're
running the same version, and no additional jar files are needed.  I
looked in the .fedora-console/jars and I don't see the new one.  I tried
removing that directory and letting it create a new one, also with no
luck.

	I tried adding another 1.2.0 installation, and same problem.

	Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!