[389-users] Help Needed -----Linux Ldap Client machine unable to login Fedors DS

jean-Noël Chardron Jean-Noel.Chardron at dr15.cnrs.fr
Wed Jun 17 12:45:24 UTC 2009

Hakuna Matata a écrit :
> Jean
> Thanks for a quick reply.
>
> Client IP address is 192.168.5.4
> yes these files are from client only.

all files seem correct , (in system-auth the interresting line are with
pam_ldap.so)
So may be, the base to search in the tree are misconfigured in the
/etc/ldap.conf

you previously show the /etc/ldap.conf :
uri ldap://192.168.5.1 <http://192.168.5.1>
ssl no
tls_cacertdir /etc/openldap/cacerts
pam_password md5

can you show the ouptut of the command :
grep base /etc/ldap.conf
with only the line that are uncommented , normaly this will show the
distinguished name of the search base.
and this must correspond with the tree in your FDS

> */etc/pam.d/system-auth *
>  This file is auto-generated.
> # User changes will be destroyed the next time authconfig is run.
> auth        required      pam_env.so
> auth        sufficient    pam_unix.so nullok try_first_pass
> auth        requisite     pam_succeed_if.so uid >= 500 quiet
> auth        sufficient    pam_ldap.so use_first_pass
> auth        required      pam_deny.so
>
> account     required      pam_unix.so broken_shadow
> account     sufficient    pam_succeed_if.so uid < 500 quiet
> account     [default=bad success=ok user_unknown=ignore] pam_ldap.so
> account     required      pam_permit.so
>
> password    requisite     pam_cracklib.so try_first_pass retry=3
> password    sufficient    pam_unix.so md5 shadow nullok try_first_pass
> use_authtok
> password    sufficient    pam_ldap.so use_authtok
> password    required      pam_deny.so
>
> session     optional      pam_keyinit.so revoke
> session     required      pam_limits.so
> session     optional      pam_keyinit.so revoke
> session     required      pam_limits.so
> session     [success=1 default=ignore] pam_succeed_if.so service in
> crond quiet use_uid
> session     required      pam_unix.so
> session     optional      pam_ldap.so
>
> and* /etc/pam.d/login  *
>
> #%PAM-1.0
> auth [user_unknown=ignore success=ok ignore=ignore default=bad]
> pam_securetty.so
> auth       include      system-auth
> account    required     pam_nologin.so
> account    include      system-auth
> password   include      system-auth
> # pam_selinux.so close should be the first session rule
> session    required     pam_selinux.so close
> session    include      system-auth
> session    required     pam_loginuid.so
> session    optional     pam_console.so
> # pam_selinux.so open should only be followed by sessions to be
> executed in the user context
> session    required     pam_selinux.so open
> session    optional     pam_keyinit.so force revoke
> ~
>
>  what is the *uid of the user test01 in the FDS*
>
> uid is t01
>
> and under Posix user
>
> uid numbe  =2223                                (i manually gave this)
> gid number=2223
> home dire = /home/test
> login shell=/bin/test
>

> and then i create a directory with name "test" under /home
> ...........eg. mkdir /home/test
>

> Best Regards
> --H
>

> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 4:33 PM, jean-Noël Chardron
> <Jean-Noel.Chardron at dr15.cnrs.fr
> <mailto:Jean-Noel.Chardron at dr15.cnrs.fr>> wrote:
>
>     hi,
>
>     ok , I suppose the ip adress of the server is  192.168.5.1 (right ?)
>     and you have a client (a centos 5.3)  with unknow to us  ip address.
>
>     I suppose the nsswitch.conf and /etc/ldap.conf below is on the
>     client so it is correct

> [...]

Jean-Noel Chardron