[Fedora-directory-users] SSL certificate problem with config two multimaster servers

Victor Hugo dos Santos listas.vhs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 13:57:29 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have a problem with two FDS (1.1.3) both installed in CentOS 5.2
from FedoraCore6 repository.
I'm trying to configure that two servers in multimaster architecture
and SSL enable in console and directory.

- in a clean installation of centos, I install this packages:
============
rpm -qa | grep fedora
fedora-ds-admin-1.1.6-1.fc6
fedora-idm-console-1.1.1-1.fc6
fedora-ds-base-1.1.3-2.fc6
fedora-ds-dsgw-1.1.1-1.fc6
fedora-ds-console-1.1.2-1.fc6
fedora-ds-1.1.2-1.fc6
fedora-ds-admin-console-1.1.2-1.fc6
============

- after installation of packages I run "setup-ds-admin.pl" command in
server FDS1 and work fine.
- finish this process, I run "fedora-idm-console" and configure
certificates to console and directory and all work fine.
- well, now I change to server FDS2 and run "setup-ds-admin.pl"
command, the only difference is that I setup this directory to connect
with FDS1
============
Configuration directory server? [no]: yes
Configuration directory server URL
[ldaps://fds1.mydomain.com:636/o=NetscapeRoot]:
Configuration directory server admin ID [uid=admin, ou=Administrators,
ou=TopologyManagement, o=NetscapeRoot]:
Configuration directory server admin password:
Configuration directory server admin domain [multiexportfoods.com]:
CA certificate filename: /tmp/root.txt
============

and, too work fine.. after finished the installation, I can connect to
both directories (FDS1 and FDS2) from console..
Now, I open Manage Certificates window of FDS2.. in first time, I
put/setup a password and after I can create the certficates to
directory.
after closed this window, I open "Configuration" tab and click in
"Encryption" sub-tab.. in this moment I get this error:
==============
Incorrect Usage
An error has occurred
Could not open file (null). File does not exist or filename is invalid.
==============

I click in OK.. and in "Encryption" sub-tab:
 * the "Use this cipher family: RSA" content/block is hidden
 * all other options ("enable SSL fot this server" / "Cleitne
Authetication" / "Check hostname against") is disabled

I try:
- reinstall both servers
- configuring FDS2 fist that FDS1, and problem persist (both now in FDS1)

Obs.: If I install both servers independents, work fine.

>From yesterday, I'm searching in the web, bugzilla and wiki.. but I
don't found one solution or other similar problem.
Sincerely, I'm puzzled.. because basically this is a default
installation (two servers connected).. and appears that only me have
this problem !! :-(

thanks for any idea.

--
Victor Hugo dos Santos