[Fedora-directory-users] Migrating Fedora DS 1.1 to another host by script "migrate-ds-admin"

Wolf Siedler siedler at hrd-asia.com
Mon Mar 9 03:21:36 UTC 2009

Hi!

I need to migrate a Fedora Directory Server (1.1) from one host to
another. Both hosts are on latest CentOS 5 level.

Having read the installation instructions (8.4.3 Migrating a Directory
Server from One Machine to Another), I feel this could (should?) be done
by script migrate-ds-admin.pl.
Keeping the hostname is nor a problem as the old host is about to be
disconnected anyway.

However, I am confused about the script parameters
--oldsroot/--actualroot from the manual. They both refer to the
Directory Server directory in /opt, where it used to be until Fedora DS
1.0.4.

I am unsure what to use for Fedora DS version 1.1.x.
Can anybody advise, please?
Is there any other potential issue I should be aware of?

Needless to say, I appreciate any advice.

Regards,
Wolf