[389-users] Unregister a server

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon Apr 19 18:15:18 UTC 2010

Mister Anonyme wrote:

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > A server crashed (physically, hardware failure) and we decided to no
> > > replace it.
> > >
> > > In the Configuration Server, I would like to remove the server from
> > > the server list in the console but I'm unable to do so.
>
> > What happens if you try to remove it in the console?
>
> Two errors from the console:
>
> Server instance slapd-XXXXX could not be removed.  Error: ds_remove
> failure.
> Failed to remove Directory Server (XXXXX)
>

> And from command line, /usr/sbin/ds_removal with the -f flag:
>

> Error: could not read /etc/dirsrv/slapd-XXXXXX - Error: No such file
> or directory
> Error: Could not open the DSE config file
> '/etc/dirsrv/slapd-XXXXXX/dse.ldif'. Error: No such file or directory
> Error: Error: could not find directory server configuration directory
> '/etc/dirsrv/slapd-XXXXXXX'.  Error: No such file or directory
>

> # rpm -qa |grep -- -ds-
> redhat-ds-admin-8.1.0-9.el4dsrv
> redhat-ds-8.1.0-1.el4dsrv
> redhat-ds-console-8.1.0-3.el4dsrv
> redhat-ds-base-8.1.0-0.19.el4dsrv
> redhat-ds-base-devel-8.1.0-0.19.el4dsrv
I think you can just remove the machine entry from under o=NetscapeRoot
in the console, go to the directory server browser
expand o=NetscapeRoot, then ou=yourdomain.com
There should be an entry called cn=fqdn.of.removed.machine
you can just use the console tools to delete that node - it and all
children should be deleted