[389-users] GOSA as a frontend for the 389 Directory Server?

Gerrard Geldenhuis Gerrard.Geldenhuis at betfair.com
Thu Aug 19 08:45:15 UTC 2010

Hi Stefan,
GOsa² uses its own combination of objectClasses to store information plus its own set of ACL's to control access to the GUI but this ACL's does not translate into protection for other access methods that does not go through the GUI.

I think you will get much better support from the GOsa² mailing list with regards to get it working with 389. The developer of GOsa² actively responds and I have got answers to all my GOsa² related questions there.

The GOsa² team is also busy rewriting a lot of the documentation of which a lot is in French currently so there might be something available already that covers implementation with 389.

Best Regards