[389-users] How to use existing SSL cert?

Sean Carolan scarolan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 17:44:11 UTC 2010

>> Do I also need to import the same certificate into
>> /etc/dirsrv/admin-serv?
> Yes.

Well, I tried following the steps, importing the same certificate into
the admin-serv directory just as I did before with the slapd-example
directory.  Each time I do this, when I go back to the console and
attempt to click on "Manage Certificates" I get an "SSL related
initialization failed".  I tried changing ownership and permissions on
the cert8.db and key3.db files but this didn't help much.

I will try and figure out how to get some console logging going on my
windows 389 console client, since the Linux one never worked for me
(the GUI was all messed up with no text on the buttons).  I'll post
the log output here if I can get it.

In the meantime if you know of a quick fix or something I'm missing
please let me know!