[389-users] build/package scripts for debian and ubuntu

Roberto Polli rpolli at babel.it
Fri Oct 8 09:45:29 UTC 2010

On Thursday 07 October 2010 17:58:24 Rich Megginson wrote:
> IMHO, the "official" place is either the 389 repo or the debian package
> repo.
The official debian distribution doesn't support 389: there are some
extensions like  EPEL repository. The 389 is in one of these named alioth. I'm
in touch with that guy, but he has few time to maintain.

Somebody forked that debian repo to create Ubuntu packages: the differences
are in package dependencies like libc & co.

> Why can't these scripts go into the debian package repo?
I'm investigating in how to create officially supported package for debian. My
aim is to create something that would fit both on debian and ubuntu: that
should manage dependencies and versions.

So I thought that an automatic script repo should fit for all...

> Are they
> different than the scripts used to produce the official debian packages?
I don't think so. The QA procedures are different: ubuntu packages need to be
gpg-signed by an authorized key and put on one PPA (personal repos).

The debian race may be different...

Today I'll publish on sourceforge Ryan scripts and start working on that...

Keep in touch+Peace,
R:

--
Roberto Polli
Babel S.r.l. - http://www.babel.it

CONFIDENZIALE: Questo messaggio ed i suoi allegati sono di carattere
confidenziale per i destinatari in indirizzo.
E' vietato l'inoltro non autorizzato a destinatari diversi da quelli indicati
nel messaggio originale.
Se ricevuto per errore, l'uso del contenuto e' proibito; si prega di
comunicarlo al mittente e cancellarlo immediatamente.