[389-users] Can't adjust error log level - 389 DS 1.2.7.5

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Apr 7 23:45:04 UTC 2011

On 04/07/2011 05:32 PM, Barry Sitompul wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I'm testing DS upgrade from 1.2.5 to 1.2.7.5 on RHEL 5
>
> I'm getting a lot of new error messages in the 1.2.7.5 error log (default
> logging config). These errors do not appear on the 1.2.5 (default logging
> config as well) when doing an LDAP search and mod to a user on a certain
> tree:
>
> "NSACLPlugin - acllas__client_match_URL: url [ldap:///ou=something,o=the
> university of queensland,c=au??sub?(objectclass=*)] scope is subtree but
> dn [ou=something,o=the university of queensland,c=au] is not a suffix of
> [uid=modadmin,ou=privileged,o=the university of queensland,c=au]"
Can you paste the entire aci and the DN of the entry which has the aci?
> It's saying that the tree that I am searching is not a suffix of the user
> DN I use to bind. It looks more like a warning because the operation
> completed successfully, located the user and modified the attributes. Is
> this just a new feature that can be turned off?
No.  It always was an error, but now we log the error so the aci can be
fixed.
> Is there anything else I can do to disable these error messages?
Fix the aci?
> I've
> tried to adjust the error log level from the console as per the RedHat
> documentation for DS 8.2 but I couldn't find any functions to do so on
> config tab->error log. I have also added nsslapd-errorlog-level: 256 to
> the dse.ldif but it didn't do anything.
The error is here:
     /* Check the scope */
     if ( ludp->lud_scope == LDAP_SCOPE_SUBTREE ) {
         if (!slapi_dn_issuffix(n_clientdn, ludp->lud_dn)) {
             slapi_log_error( SLAPI_LOG_FATAL, plugin_name,
                              "acllas__client_match_URL: url [%s] scope
is subtree but dn [%s] "
                              "is not a suffix of [%s]\n",
                              normed, ludp->lud_dn, n_clientdn );

it is logged as a fatal error - there is no way to turn it off