[389-users] Centos 6?

Leo Pleiman lpleiman at salsalabs.com
Fri Jul 29 12:12:17 UTC 2011

On Jul 29, 2011, at 12:10 AM, solarflow99 wrote:

> Just try and locate the repo with those missing packages, unless centos6 hasn't built them or something wierd like that.
>

> 2011/7/28 夜神 岩男 <supergiantpotato at yahoo.co.jp>
> On 07/29/2011 05:14 AM, Brett Dikeman wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I'm trying to install 389 on Centos 6, following this:
> >
> > http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Install_Guide#New_Install
> >
> > The guide makes it out to be as simple as "configure EPEL, then
> > execute yum install 389-ds".
> >
> > Instead, the install dies with yum not able to find a dozen or two
> > dependencies, all of them perl, it looks like:
> >
> > -perl(Setup)
> > -perl (Mozilla::LDAP::Utils)
> > -perl(Resource)
> >
> > ...and so on (Dialog, DSMigration, Migration, DSUpdate etc.)
> >
> > I've tried both EPEL release, and EPEL testing.  I can't seem to find
> > anyone else complaining about these issues, so I'm guessing I'm
> > missing something.  Any suggestions?
>
> Same thing happening here, on SL6 and CentOS6. So its not just you.
> Unfortunately I've had to switch to OpenLDAP for a bit until I can get
> this resolved (probably not for another month...). The weird thing is a
> lot of 389-ds packages are built and sitting in the EPEL repo, but
> 389-ds-base isn't present and all that perl madness is just missing. I
> did find the lack of discussion a little odd -- seems like people would
> notice this missing.
>
> If anyone knows a magical workaround that would permit a proper 389
> install it would be greatly appreciated (like "Geeze, get with it you
> knuckleheads, its been relabeled to the 390-ds now, duh.").
>
> -Iwao

I completed a 389-ds setup this week, my working configuration uses the following:

On Red Hat x86_64 Server.....

389-admin.x86_64                1.1.20-1.el6       @epel6-testing-x86_64
389-admin-console.noarch        1.1.7-1.el6        @epel6-testing-x86_64
389-admin-console-doc.noarch    1.1.7-1.el6        @epel6-testing-x86_64
389-adminutil.x86_64            1.1.14-2.el6       @epel6-testing-x86_64
389-console.noarch              1.1.7-1.el6        @epel6-x86_64
389-ds.noarch                   1.2.2-1.el6        @epel6-testing-x86_64
389-ds-base.x86_64              1.2.9-0.2.a2.el6   @epel-testing-389-ds-base
389-ds-base-libs.x86_64         1.2.9-0.2.a2.el6   @epel-testing-389-ds-base
389-ds-console.noarch           1.2.6-1.el6        @epel6-testing-x86_64
389-ds-console-doc.noarch       1.2.6-1.el6        @epel6-testing-x86_64
389-dsgw.x86_64                 1.1.7-1.el6        @epel6-testing-x86_64

Here is a list of the repositories I'm using....

epel-389-ds-base
epel-testing-389-ds-base
epel6-testing-x86_64
epel6-x86_64