[389-users] windows sync question

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed May 18 17:40:38 UTC 2011

On 05/18/2011 11:38 AM, solarflow99 wrote:
> I have a question about windows sync, in the docs it says the replica
> role should be single or multi master, but with single master you
> can't set update settings for the bind DN.  Will this still work?
Use single master if this server will not participate in multi master
replication with other 389 directory servers.  Use multiple master
otherwise.  If you use single master, then you will not receive updates
from other suppliers, therefore you do not need a supplier DN, which is
the bind DN that other masters/suppliers will use to send updates.
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/One_Way_Active_Directory_Sync